- This is the first Open Source version of PSE.
- This version contains some MAJOR CHANGES that may break existing
servlets written for PSE 1.2.x and below.
!!!! Please read UPGRADING.TXT for more information. !!!!
- MAJOR CHANGE: The leading ? indicator templates from version 1.2
and below longer evaluates Python code in tag attribute values.
Instead, it indicates a condition in which the attribute appears
at all. This is for boolean attributes such as SELECTED and
DISABLED. Please read the documentation for more details.
- MAJOR CHANGE: All plugins now appear in the pse.plugins package
as opposed to appearing directly as sub-modules of the pse module
- MAJOR CHANGE: The pse.include() function now returns a string
instead of printing output directly as a result to allow better
integration with Custom Tags
- Custom tag magic has been changed to work better with includes;
you must delete all compiled servlets and/or recompile them to
- Newer custom tag modules cause servlets to be recompiled
- Fixes to be compatible with apache 2 and mod_python 3
- The standard client plugin module now has the ability to manipulate
browser cookies; see the manual for more information
- The compile utility has changed to work directly with a pse.conf
file instead of specifying options and manipulating paths on the
command line, use the -help option for more information
- A utility to run offline servlets has been added, pserun
- More examples were added to the contrib directory
- Many miscellaneous bug fixes
- Documentation updated to reflect the changes and new features of